We select, train and place our service dogs with brave wounded warriors. Puppy Jake Foundation also provides resources for the advocacy, awareness and acceptability in public for those that require the assistance of a service dog.
All funds are raised through grass-roots efforts – including charity events, corporate sponsors and individual contributions.
Puppy Jake Foundation is based in Des Moines, IA. We primarily serve veterans located throughout the Midwest, due to the requirements of follow up training.
Our Mission: Puppy Jake Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to helping military veterans through the assistance of well bred, socialized and professionally trained service dogs. .
Our Vision: “Providing service dogs to restore independence for wounded veterans.”
Puppy Jake Foundation strives to be a leading non-profit organization in placing service dogs to assist wounded military veterans by:
- Selecting healthy and outstanding dogs
- Conducting an intensive training and socialization program
- Placing dogs with combat wounded veterans
- Following up to ensure success of both the dog and veteran team
Through these efforts, we seek to enhance the quality of life for wounded military veterans and by expanding and sharing knowledge, to advance the understanding of issues facing wounded veterans as well as service dogs.
Our Values: Puppy Jake Foundation is committed to follow and uphold the highest standards in ethics and integrity. Puppy Jake Foundation’s core values reflect:
- helping others
Puppy Jake Foundation's foremost responsibilities are to the wounded military veterans, their families, the dogs we place and to the donors that have committed their personal resources to our Mission. To fully meet these responsibilities, we are committed to an explicit set of values. These values are the standards that we use to guide our daily actions and decisions.
- A commitment to provide military veterans with the highest quality of dogs- including breeding, temperament, training and readiness
- A commitment to treat our dogs fairly and with the upmost respect
- A commitment to respect the receiving military veterans and their privacy
- A commitment to our donors that every dollar donated will be wisely spent toward achieving our Mission